5 points regarding Kavanaugh
1. “Kavanaugh was nominated to the D.C. Appeals Court by Bush in 2003. His confirmation hearings were contentious and stalled for three years over charges of partisanship.”
2. “A protégé of Ken Starr, Kavanaugh played a lead role in drafting the Starr Report, which urged the impeachment of President Bill Clinton. Kavanaugh led the investigation into the suicide of Clinton aide Vince Foster.”
3. “In July 2007, Democratic Senators Patrick Leahy and Dick Durbin accused Kavanaugh of “misleading” the Senate committee during his nomination regarding his involvement in formulating the Bush administration’s detention and interrogation policies in the aftermath of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.”
4. “Kavanugh has stated that he considers Roe v. Wade binding under the principle of stare decisis and would seek to uphold it, but has also ruled in favor of some restrictions for abortion.”
5. “GLAAD has condemned Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.
‘Kavanaugh’s extreme conservative record and his past support by Southern Poverty Law Center-designated anti-LGBTQ hate group Family Resource Council (FRC) are deeply concerning.’”